JOIN THE AIT PLEASURE CRAFT TEAM!
We are looking for a reliable, self-assured Boat Mechanic to work at our shop in Norfolk, Virginia. To be successful as a Boat Mechanic, you should have excellent attention to detail and strong self-discipline. An outstanding Boat Mechanic demonstrates great hand-eye coordination and should be able to follow written and verbal instructions.
SEND RESUME TO JOBS@AIT-MARINE.COM OR CALL 757-416-7400 FOR MORE INFO.
SUMMARY: AIT Pleasure Craft Boat Mechanic will inspect and repair the mechanical and electrical systems of pleasure boats, including but not limited to power boats, sail boats and yachts; perform maintenance and warranty work on boats and other marine watercraft. Our Boat Mechanic will have the ability to communicate equipment issues, have a plan of action of the work to be completed to our customers; inspect, test and complete routine maintenance on equipment. After completing work on the equipment, records must be kept on what was done, parts used and any tests that were completed.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Test, inspect, investigate and diagnose mechanical and electrical failures on customer watercraft (ie engines, propellers, steering and navigational equipment)
- Repair units in a manner to minimize come-backs or create customer dissatisfaction
- Perform routine maintenance on all types of marine vehiclesRemove and replace motors
- Perform safety inspection and recommend services
- Perform inspection and diagnose trailer repairs
- Repair and rebuild gear cases/gear case repair (to include welding)
- Detailing, anti-foul painting, slurry blasting of hauls
- Electrical rigging
- Outboard engine installation and rigging of new boats and repowers
- Storm damage repairs
- Fiberglass repairs
- Bottom painting and detailing including, scraping away old paint, barnacles, and debris from vessels
- Removing and replacing rotted or rusted sections of the watercraft
- Perform upgrades of various manufactures for performance
- Install accessories and electronics
- Ability to winterize and shrink-wrap watercraft
- Knowledge of safety policies and equipment
- Overtime, nights and weekend work may be required as customer service needs fluctuate.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Minimum four (4) years’ experience as a Marine Mechanic is required.
- Completion of training programs in watercraft repairs is preferred.
- Factory certifications from Yamaha, Honda, Suzuki, Volva Penta and/or Johnson and Evinrude etc. are preferred.
- Ability to read and understand technical manuals.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- A willingness to learn and accept constructive feedback.
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record.
AIT is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (EEO/AA) offering a comprehensive compensation package including Health and Dental Insurance, Vision and Life Insurance, Short-Term & Long-Term Disability, 401 (K), Paid Time Off (PTO), Paid Company Holidays, Tuition Assistance Program and more.